HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH, KINCUMBER

Holy Cross Church was the first church built in the Brisbane Water District. It was first proposed in 1838 used for Mass in 1842 and completed in 1843. It has been a place of worship for the pioneers of the district and their descendants, many of whom lie in the churchyard. Blessed Mary MacKillop was a frequent visitor to this historic site. Holy Cross is one of the oldest Catholic churches in Australia and has been in continuous use for over 160 years.

Situated at 55 Kincumber Street, Kincumber. NSW
photo 14 photo 12 photo 10 photo 3 photo 8 photo 6

photo 15 Continue reading